Feb 5, 2019
On today's episode (sponsored by D365UG/CRMUG), Britta Rekstad and Matthew C.
Anderson discuss date fields in the Common Data Service for Apps
and the considerations for PowerApps and Dynamics 365
Discussed on the show
- The default behavior for new fields
- Date field options
- Time Zone offset, UTC date and time
- Time in date-only fields
- Matthew's first mistake with date fields
- Time zone and Canvas vs. Model PowerApps
- Calculated fields and "date math"
- Looking at the wider Power platform (Flow, Power BI)
- Grey areas for date field type in your data model (one of us
says "willy nilly")
- Fun facts
What's on your mind?
Have a question you'd like answered on a future podcast? Submit
one by visiting implementthis.org